Sunday, October 29, 2006

"Gone but not forgotten..."



This piece is part of a series of artworks I call "The Giftship." More on the actual series later...I created this illustration as a birthday gift for one of my friends. It is a collection of vignettes that represent the finest moments of our friendship. The style was inspired by Bill Watterson's immaculate comic strip, "Calvin and Hobbes." Like "C and H," the content itself is glazed with cuteness and innocence, however the story behind the images displays a more latent poignancy. I put a lot of heart into this project and I was very happy with the result. It really sums up how I feel about moments and memories: their ephemeral quality is what makes them so special...geeze, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say my femininity is at 11 right now.

No comments: